Sacramento restaurants and chefs: do you make the best tacos?
The Sacramento Taco Party is the place to showcase your skills! We want to show the region (and the country) the best food Sacramento has to offer while raising money for a great cause.
All proceeds from this fun filled 4 hour event will be will be donated to the Food Literacy Center (a 501c3 charity). If your restaurant uses fresh, local ingredients and you’re interested in competing in Sacramento’s best taco cook off event, please fill out the application below.
Some quick points:
- The event will be held on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 (The Ultimate Taco Tuesday!)
- We’re expecting an attendance of 1000 taco loving diners to attend this event. Each attendee will be served a small taco sample.
- Your restaurant will be exposed to 1000’s of taco fans in the Sacramento area through our pre event marketing and day of event excitement!
- You’ll be showcasing your restaurant and serving taco samples to all attendees.
- Cooking will be done on site, outdoors at Cesar Chavez Plaza.
- We will have a panel of official panel judging the taco competition as well as a People’s Choice award decided by event attendees.
- There is no fee for restaurants to compete in the Sacramento Taco Party. We provide the crowd, signage, tents, marketing, grills and fun times. You provide the donation of food to be cooked and shared with guests. You will need to make tacos for at least 1000 attendees.
- We have limited spots available for the competition. This form is to help us gauge who wants to be part of this event.
- We’ll be inviting 15-20 of best Sacramento area restaurants to participate.
- Completing the application does not constitute acceptance into the Sacramento Taco. In the coming weeks we will contact the restaurants that are officially invited to join the party.
- While this is a charity event, we will be giving each participating restaurant $250 to help cover their time.
Any questions, please contact us. We’d love to hear from you! After you fill out the form, we will confirm receipt of the application. More event details and updates will be provided as the event date nears.